- The Canopy Project: Help fight deforestation, we will plant a tree for every $1 you donate
- Green Schools: Greening America’s Schools within a generation
- Women and Green Economy (WAGE)™: Engaging women leaders in the creation and development of a global green economy
- Athletes for the Earth: Bringing the voices of Olympic and professional athletes to the environmental movement
- Creating Climate Wealth: Convening 200 of the world’s entrepreneurs to solve climate change and create a new green economy
- Arts for the Earth: Celebrating the work of environmental artists in all media, including
• Design: Chow Hon Lam of Kuala Lumpur won our “Acts of Green” t-shirt design contest.Every shirt sold supports our cause, and they’re printed on organic eco-tees!
• Music: Visit our Music for the Earth contest – download hundreds of free Earth Day-themed songs
• Museums: Our partnership with the American Museum Association
Athletes for the Earth™: Bringing the voices of Olympic and professional athletes to the environmental movement, Athletes for the Earth™ has a proven track record of illustrating the interaction of athletes with their environment and connecting popular athletic activities with environmental stewardship. Participating athlete/celebs include Olympic Gold Medalist Billy Demong, Olympic Bronze Medalist Andrew Weibrecht, World Champion Freeskier and founder of the Save Our Snow Foundation Alison Gannett, Boston Bruins Defenseman Andrew Ference, Olympic Gold Medal swimmer Aaron Peirsol, and NFL linebacker Dhani Jones.
The Canopy Project: In 2010, Earth Day Network planted over 1 million trees in 16 countries under the Avatar Home Tree Initiative. In 2011, EDN will continue that effort with another 1 million trees in large-scale, sponsor‐supported tree-planting projects in partnership with non‐profit organizations throughout the world. Locations where reforestation is most urgently needed include Haiti, Brazil, Mexico and urban areas of the US. Help us green our future, one million trees at a time.
Women and the Green Economy (WAGE)™: To accelerate and provide the new thinking and creative power for a global post-carbon economy, Earth Day Network is engaging women business, government and NGO leaders in its “Women and the Green Economy” (WAGE™) campaign. Our goal is to create a policy agenda for Rio+20 and relevant generate national initiatives that will promote the green economy, secure educational and job training opportunities for women and channel green investment to benefit women.